Uncanny Great Day

Today a very rare thing happened in the Leggett household which consisted of a series of several events. First, the kitchen window was replaced. This was followed by the washing machine backing up into the master bath, which then flooded the bathroom and adjoining hallway.  At the end of the day, we decided to get out of the house for a while and eat a nice warm meal only to find that our car battery was dead!

In all its rareness, the thing that struck me the most was this incredible "peace that passes all understanding".  Given any other day, my stress level would have been through the roof and understandably so! As a result, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on work (I work from home), which would tailspin into a dozen other consequences. But that didn't happen. Instead, the peaceful soothing of the Holy Spirit washed over me unexpectedly and I was fortunate to realize what happened.

Have you ever had one of those experiences?

0 comments: