Wedding at Cana

Scripture: John 2:1-11

As far As I know, the is the first miracle that Christ performed. So you have to wonder if this decision was intentional?

This whole relationship with Christ has always been a bold image of a marriage between Church the Bride and Christ the Groom. We have always been in the middle of an epic love story! Unfortunately, my passion for a relationship has diminished over the years as I became adept at sinning and allowing "grace to abound." Why God is still interested I don't know. I would have left my wife years ago if she treated me the way I treat God.

Having said that, I am acutely aware of the symbolism of Christ' miracle at Cana wedding feast. While I was content with stagnant water in a broken vessel, the Holy Spirit had been working on turning the water into wine within me, restoring me to the creature God always intended me to be.

I am thankful for John's portrayal of this event in the life of Christ. Like so many of the scriptures, the symbolism runs deep and serves as a grave reminder of my current condition.

0 comments: