Homemade Frappucino


As promised, I attempted to make a frappucino over the weekend. Honestly, I think I have the formula down! I tested this with a couple of people that were over Sunday night and every one gave it a thumbs up:

12 oz hot water (almost boiling)
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp half & half

I bought two Starbucks Frappucinos as control subjects to test the recipe against. Our water cooler also has a hot water button and I used that to make the instant coffee in a measuring cup. Stir in vanilla and then add sugar. Next, add the half & half (milk can be used for a substitute, but I love the cream!). Afterward, I poured the caffeinated goodness into an empty frappucino bottle.

Note: For a mocha version, substitute 1 packet of hot chocolate for the vanilla extract and reduce the sugar down to 1 tbsp.

I started making these every night so I can take one with me to work in the morning. I am also thinking about trying different flavors of coffee. If you try it or come up with a better alternative please let me know!

0 comments: