How To Blog if You are Not a Writer

There is a reoccurring theme in my blogging world. One the one side, I want to be the blogger I was 5 or 6 years ago. It was a time when I was connected, had more hits on my site than I could ever imagine, and I had no problems coming up with interesting subjects to blog about.

On the other hand, I feel like this blog is past its prime and there is nothing new or original left to capture. However, every time I go to press the delete key, I feel the pain of letting go. I still want to be connected. And every time I read a good article and comment, I want an identity online. A place to stay connected without the worries of traffic.

The problem is that if you don’t have fresh content, your readers will not come back. My blog suffers greatly from a lack of content. Usually when I have an idea of something to write about, I don’t have the time. So where do all these people with fantastic blogs find time?

1. The first is finding balance. You always have to give up something to get something. To have fresh content on your blog, you have to give up time you would spend doing other activities like reading before you go to bed.

2. The second key is finding inspiration. In order to generate thoughts, you need something to think about. When you come across an article that stirs you, email it to yourself. This way you will have it in your inbox as a reminder to publish your thoughts on your blog.

3. The third key is linking. I saw my blog explode when there was a community around it and I was able to link to other thought provoking blogs. That’s the beauty of the internet!

1 comment:

  1. Ironically, I just came back and started reading your blog!!! Actually, I googled your name on a whim in the hopes that were still blogging. I enjoy your blog immensely. I feel that the quality of your blog reflects not just inspiration and fresh material, but also perseverance and work. I like your blog alot:)

    ReplyDelete